Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Order review and album!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member lieu2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 21st, 2003
    Posts
    354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Becca, I am so amazed how much redder Lissie's hair is compared to our Felicity. I wonder why they changed it.

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner OSusannah's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    939
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Felicity looks lovely in the travel set, I wouldn't have thought of that! Hmmm, how to get Samantha to share it?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member dianasmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    1,086
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Becca, where did you find the little wardrobe stand, it's adorable!

    Love the pics!

    Laurie

  4. #4
    Inactive Member schallerwoods's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 7th, 2004
    Posts
    193
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The dress your grandmother made is beautiful. Very nice pictures too.

    Nann

  5. #5
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ooh you're so lucky to have her nightstand! I love your pictures! Felicity looks happy and well-loved!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member kitti515's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    352
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by dianasmama:
    Becca, where did you find the little wardrobe stand, it's adorable!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks ;-) My mom actually made it for me years and years ago. The base was part of an old mirror (I think), you know, the kind that are suspended and tilt? Anyway, she just stuck a dowel through the holes from where the mirror used to hang and put some sort of finish over the whole thing. It's one of my favorite Felicity things, and it's not even from AG! I like it better than the clothes press she was supposed to have since it lets you see all the dresses...Sometimes homemade things really can be better than the "real" ones.

    Becca

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Grapedy1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2004
    Posts
    400
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I LOVE the hat in the duster set!! I may have to get that just to have the hat.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Becca B.:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by dianasmama:
    Becca, where did you find the little wardrobe stand, it's adorable!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sometimes homemade things really can be better than the "real" ones.

    Becca
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree! The trunk my dad made for Kirsten is far better than the official AG one!

  9. #9
    Inactive Member kitti515's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    352
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Grapedy1982:
    I LOVE the hat in the duster set!! I may have to get that just to have the hat.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hehe, I swear I bought that set just for the hat [img]wink.gif[/img] I figure it's ok since I hadn't spoiled Felicity in quite a while...

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ September 23, 2004 08:29 PM: Message edited by: Becca B. ]</font>

  10. #10
    Inactive Member kitti515's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    352
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    OK, here is my (somewhat lengthy) review of my recent order:

    School Outfit: I like this so much better in person! I never ordered it because I thought it looked too bulky in the catalogue, but it is a nice weight. The skirt has a pattern to it that doesn?t really come across in the pictures. The jacket was a little tricky to get ?just right,? but it is nice not having to worry about the velcro back catching her hair. At first I thought the ?flared? hem at the back was a bit odd, but looking back at the books, that seems to have been the style. Overall, I really like this outfit.

    Tea Lesson: So pretty! I wasn?t sure what to expect since I have never ordered any food/dishes before. The cup and saucer are beautifully detailed in gold, as is the tea caddy, which is made of a rich (though lightweight) wood. The queen cake is a little strange ? not sure I blame Lissie for choosing a biscuit instead. Overall, though, this is a gorgeous set. I was always jealous of the other doll?s ?lunch? sets because they came with more food, but the caddy and china are so beautiful, how can I be jealous now?

    Kirstin?s Lunch: Very pretty too, though in a more rustic way (of course). I love the rosettes carved in the tine. The food is really cute, and has some ?give? to it so that it seems a little more real. I?m tempted to try and order a bunch of the apples as replacement parts so that Felicity could have a bag of apples for apple butter ;-)

    Samantha?s Travel Duster: My other none-Felicity item. It was worth breaking my rule for, though! The duster itself is not terribly exciting, but it?s nice. The scarf is pretty and adds an elegant touch. The parasol is also very pretty, though Felicity had some trouble holding it. I finally had to balance it on the hat so that all the weight wasn?t on her arm. The hat is the best part of the set, IMO. I?m not sure what the ?correct? way of wearing it is, but no matter how you put it on, it?s lovely. Felicity feels just like Kate Winslet in it. If only they hadn't moved the brush/mirror set to the Bridesmaid Accessories...

    Felicity?s Nightgown: Cute, though when you pull it out of the box it looks so huge compared to her gowns! The fabric is somewhat transparent, but I suppose that must be expected from white cotton. The mules are adorable, and Felicity looks so cozy with the lappets tied under her chin. Overall, a nice purchase.

    You can see Felicity model her new things, as well as a couple of her other outfits, in my new album:

    http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=3543380093

    Some day I'd like to photograph her modeling all her things, but that was all I had time for...

    Oh, and I have an avatar now! Yay!

    Enjoy,
    Becca

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •